We envision a society where girls are empowered and enjoy their rights with support from all Sierra Leoneans so as to walk in the fullness of their potential.
To protect and promote the rights of the girl child and to support the economic, political, social and cultural empowerment of the girl child in order for her to assert those rights.
Support individual transformation of girls through capacity building training in gender, HIV and AIDS, human rights, leadership and confidence building.
Ensure laws and policies that promote the reproductive, economic, social and political rights for girls are in place and fully implemented so as to minimize gender based violence.
- Advocate and Lobby for total elimination of harmful cultural practices that impede the full development of the girl child.
- Support girl child survivors of gender based violence and girls at risk through emergency rescue operations, provision of emergency safe shelter and referral to legal and medical aid and counseling services in partnership with other stakeholders so that the girl child realizes her full potential.
- Support and promote girls’ access to education through the provision of school fees, sanitary ware, panties, exercise books and other basic needs to the orphaned and vulnerable girls.
- Register household and social transformation in attitudes, beliefs and religious practices as far as they affect the girl child.
- Register media attitude change and gender sensitive reporting on the girl child